Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Structure and Cosmetics

Ahh, what the hell, I keep inadvertantly abandoning this thing. The past few weeks have been busy though, first I was in colorado, then I wasnt, then I had RA training and work and bladdy bladdy boring. Anyways, now that the school year is officially starting up and I am soon to be reunited with my station co-horts regular posting is sure to follow. I've missed posting about quite a few things in the last few weeks so most likely I'll be attempting to do some catch up work for a little while.

So, with that, one of my favorite bands The Brunettes, a great and enthusiastic pop group from new zealand just released a new album called "Structure and Costmetics", and is the bands first release on american label Sub Pop. In my effort to wait to purchase the album on vinyl I hadnt gotten to hear it until yesterday but hot damn is it good! The first song is infectious as hell and brought back memories of when I saw them in Denver a few years ago with Feist and Rilo Kiley. Speaking of, in my efforts to find a post worthy video of the Brunettes, I stumbled upon a clip of said three bands covering "Let My Love Open The Door" which was also a good memory from that night. Enjoy:



In summation its a great band with a wonderful sense of melody and you should give them a try if you havent already. yea. oh and if anyone happens to know whether or not this album is actually on vinyl please let me know cuz I would love to have it!

1 comment:

Gears said...

WOW that's pretty great...

I just saw the FORMAT with like Limbeck and uh...Piebald...STEEL TRAIN and at the end of their show they all played CARAVAN by van morrison...it was just as amazing as that...

love those moments!!